This blog is a publication of State Compensation Insurance Fund (State Fund) on the social media platform. It is intended to share information and generate discussion about workers’ compensation insurance in California and about State Fund’s role in the marketplace. It will be accessible on an “as available” basis, in case we need to take it down for maintenance.
The primary author is Tom Rowe, State Fund’s president and CEO, but from time to time the blog may feature other State Fund executives or invited commentators. The site and commenting feature are also available to the State Fund Workforce.
We want to hear your take on the articles we post and shape future features based on your feedback.
We make every effort to properly accredit our content to its original source. If you see any instances where you think our sourcing is inaccurate, please let us know right away at Webmaster@scif.com.
This is a moderated Website
We take every part of publishing and community responsibility seriously. We review all content featured on the site and comments posted before publishing. We won’t post any comment that violates this site’s comment policy. We also won’t publish comments that make unsupported claims or accusations.
We know that the Web is a 24/7 medium, and your comments are welcome at any time. We will do our best to respond to all comments as quickly as possible.
We will actively moderate the site during normal business hours Monday through Friday. Comments submitted after hours or on weekends will be read and posted as early as possible the next business day.
The views expressed by anyone who comments on the blogs are their own and do not necessarily represent the views of State Fund.
To protect your own privacy and the privacy of others, please do not include phone numbers, email addresses or specific contact information in the body of your comment.
Rules of Conduct
It is a condition of your participation on this site that you do not:
1. Use this site for any illegal purposes (or to solicit any illegal act) including, but not limited to, violating applicable antitrust laws and regulations;
2. Restrict or inhibit any other person or entity from using and enjoying the site;
3. Post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, harassing, pornographic, or profane comment, or indecent information of any kind, including images and language or unlawful material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law;
4. Include phone numbers, email addresses, or specific contact information in the body of your comment
5 Post or transmit any comment with bigoted, hateful, or racially offensive statements;
6. Post any comment that solicits gambling or engaging in any gambling activity;
7. Transmit or upload any information, software or other material that violates or infringes on the rights of others, including material that is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or that is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right, or derivative works with respect thereto, without first obtaining permission from the owner or right holder;
8. Post or distribute any software or other materials that contain a virus or other harmful component;
9. Advertise or sell or solicit to others;
10. Use the site or its services for the purposes of sending junk email, chain letters, duplicative or unsolicited messages or “spamming,” or in connection with contests, surveys, or pyramid schemes;
11. Try to gain unauthorized access to a State Fund site, other users’ accounts, or computers connected to a State Fund site though password mining or other means; or
12. Interfere with another user’s use and enjoyment of a State Fund site or any other individual’s use and enjoyment of related services.
If at any time you are not happy with this site or object to any material within the site, your sole remedy is to cease using it.
In no event shall the State Compensation Insurance Fund (State Fund) assume or have any responsibility or liability for any content or comments (Messages) posted on, or derived from this site or for any claims, damages or losses resulting from their use or appearance on this site, or from their derived subsequent appearance or use on third-party sites, services or publications.
State Fund has no obligation to monitor this site. If at any time State Fund chooses, in its sole discretion, to monitor the site, State Fund nonetheless assumes no responsibility for the content of any Messages, no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate Messages, and no responsibility for the conduct of the user submitting any Messages.
The Messages do not necessarily reflect the views of State Fund and are not necessarily reviewed prior to posting. State Fund makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the content of the Messages in the site or the accuracy or reliability of any Messages and other materials in the site.
State Fund reserves the right at all times to disclose any information (including the identity of the persons providing information or materials on the site) as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation, or governmental request. Further, State Fund reserves the right to restrict, prohibit your use, and remove or edit Messages from this site at any time, for any reason.
By posting Messages (including but not limited to acts of uploading files, inputting data, or engaging in any other form of communication) on this site, you are granting State Fund a royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide license: to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform and display, create derivative works from and distribute such materials and/or ideas or incorporate such materials and/or ideas into any form, medium, or technology now known or later developed throughout the universe, and that all so-called “moral rights” to such Messages have been waived.
This grant of rights means that such Messages will be owned by State Fund, and may be used without any payment to or further authorization by you. The foregoing grants shall include the right to exploit any proprietary rights in such communication, including but not limited to rights under copyright, trademark, service mark, or patent laws under any relevant jurisdiction.
Third Party Content and Links to Other Sites
At certain places on this site, users may be able to link to other websites. Other sites outside the State Fund system are not under the control of State Fund, and you acknowledge that State Fund is not responsible for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality, decency, or any other aspect of such sites. The inclusion of such a link does not imply endorsement of the site by State Fund or any association with its operators. Use of any information on State Fund sites or obtained from linked addresses is voluntary and reliance on it should only be undertaken after an independent review. A link or reference herein to any specific commercial product, process or service by trademark name, trademark, service mark, manufacturer, or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, recommendation or favoring by State Fund.
Please contact us at Webmaster@scif.com for more information.
© 2011 State Compensation Insurance Fund. All Rights Reserved