Question: How often am I required to provide my employees with safety training?
Answer: It depends on which industry you work in. For example, if you are in the construction industry, you are required to conduct a safety tailgate meeting every 10 working days.
All employers are required to provide their employees with safety training when:
- They are first assigned to a job.
- Whenever job duties change.
- When processes and procedures change.
- Any time new substances or equipment are introduced to the work place
- When new hazards are discovered.
- To all supervisors so they’re familiar with the hazards their employees may be exposed to.
Find more Cal/OSHA training information at: https://www.dir.ca.gov/DOSH/dosh_publications/trainingreq.htm
The above evaluations and/or recommendations are for general guidance only and should not be relied upon for legal compliance purposes. They are based solely on the information provided to us and relate only to those conditions specifically discussed. We do not make any warranty, expressed or implied, that your workplace is safe or healthful or that it complies with all laws, regulations or standards.
Copyright © 2018, State Compensation Insurance Fund