Question: How often am I required to provide my employees with safety training?
Answer: It depends on which industry you work in. For example, if you are in the construction industry, you are required to conduct a safety tailgate meeting every 10 working days.
All employers are required to provide their employees with safety training when:
- They are first assigned to a job.
- Whenever job duties change.
- When processes and procedures change.
- Any time new substances or equipment are introduced to the work place
- When new hazards are discovered.
- To all supervisors so they’re familiar with the hazards their employees may be exposed to.
Find more Cal/OSHA training information at: https://www.dir.ca.gov/DOSH/dosh_publications/trainingreq.htm