Learning from the ‘near miss,’ preventing back injuries in the office, and much more.
When one of your employees suffers a workplace injury, you know to get them the medical attention they need and complete the claims paperwork. You also know that you need to conduct an investigation. But what about when an accident almost happens? In our new issue of Safety News, we explain why it’s important to investigate the “near miss” exactly the same way you investigate a workplace injury.
Also, we talk about the risk of back injuries for those who work at a desk all day. Read about some steps your employees can take to lower this risk and remain productive.
Safety training material
And, with each issue of Safety News, we bring you a new set of safety meeting topics—across five key industry segments—ready for you to present to your employees:
- Agriculture – No Need To Speed! How to Be Safe While Using ATVs On the Farm
- Construction – Fall Prevention Applies to Tools, Too
- Manufacturing – Protect Your Employee’s Eyes From Flying Objects
- Public Agencies – Learn How and Where to Store Your Hazardous Chemicals
- Trades and Services – The Aerial Lift: Park on Solid Ground Before Lifting Off
To ensure you receive the latest issues of Safety News, subscribe here.
You can find past issues of Safety News on the State Fund website.
And, if you’re looking for more safety materials, head over to the Safety and Health Services section of State Fund’s website. Simply choose your industry type from the options in the left column and view everything we have to offer.