Cal/OSHA requires every business to provide a safe and healthy workplace for its employees. One way to do this is to have regular safety meetings. If you’re in the construction industry you are required to provide a safety meeting every 10 days
To make setting up a safety meeting easy for you, State Fund produces Safety News – a quarterly newsletter with safety meeting topics across five key industry segments – ready to present to your team.
Take a look at what is in the latest issue of Safety News:
- Agriculture – Protect Your Field Workers From Pesticide Exposure
- Construction – Driving Home the Importance of Nail Gun Safety
- Manufacturing – Lockout/Tagout Training Helps Reduce the Risk of Catastrophic Injuries
- Public Agencies – Before You Dig, Know What Lies Below—It’s a Jungle Under There
- Trades and Services – Lifting and Handling: Work With Your Body Instead of Against It
In addition to safety meeting topics, Safety News also brings you information on regulatory changes and other topics that impact worker safety. In the latest issue you’ll find articles about the new wood dust exposure restrictions that went into effect on July 1 and helpful information about selecting the right respirator for your workplace.
To ensure you receive the latest issues of Safety News, subscribe here.
You can find past issues of Safety News on the State Fund website.
And, if you need more safety materials for your team take a look at our archive of past safety meeting topics in the safety section of the State Fund website. Simply choose your industry type in the lower left and view everything we have to offer.